Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pork Loin

Pork loin, unseasoned and not injected with any solution can be a lean meat, if you have no objections to pork. I have never cooked a pork loin I really liked...before tonight. This is what I did...I had one half of a larger pork loin I bought - used one half and then froze the other - the frozen half made out much better than the first for sure because I think the first half was good enough for my husband to be very silent and then we disposed of it and acted like nothing ever happened...anyway - tonight.
I took the other half, covered it in a paste of prepared mustard, LOTS of minced garlic, salt, pepper and maybe 2 Tablespoons of dried sage , crushed - (the sage came from my plant and from leaves I dried - so much fun) - I rubbed the meat with this mixture, seared it - put it in a 500 degree oven for 10 minutes then a 250 degree oven for 3 hours - it was great. Something that I like about this is that I grew the sage and dried the sage. It really gives me a sense of satisfaction. Very fun, and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment